LinkedIn Learning, with content from Lynda.com, provides over 16,000 training tutorials in 7 different languages ranging from a few minutes to hours of tips and advice. There are in-depth courses if you want to devote time to learning something, or you can do a search and dip quickly into a relevant chapter.
Courses come as videos that are split into chapters. You can skip between chapters and each one has a transcript so you can follow along with the audio.
Search for specific courses, browse by topic or follow special Learning Paths and add any of these courses to your Playlists to come back to later.
LinkedIn Learning focuses on technical, creative, and business areas of study. But even if you don’t consider yourself an expert you can filter these by skill level – Beginner, Intermediate, or Advanced.
You must use the below link to access LinkedIn Learning as the library version has a different login page to the paid version of LinkedIn Learning.
- To access LinkedIn Learning just click on the LinkedIn Learning logo above. If you are using the LinkedIn Learning app, you will need to enter "stratfordpubliclibrary" as the library ID
- Enter your Library Card and PIN (No card? Get one here)
- When you first log in, the site may ask you to select areas of interest.
- Browse the catalogue and learn new skills!
- To find courses you have previously started, click on My Learning in the top right corner.
- LinkedIn is working towards ensuring the LinkedIn Learning mobile application will also work for Library customers. Unfortunately, we don’t have a specific timeline. We have been told to expect it mid-year but will update you as soon as we know more. In the meantime, you will be able to explore all of our content through your mobile web browser.
- A customer will not get a certificate in their name, the customer will simply see completions in their history.
- The library version of LinkedIn Learning can’t connect with a customer’s personal LinkedIn account.